Somewhere around 5:00 everything finally stopped. Jon got up, but the kids and I slept in until 8:00. I think we all needed it. Wylie apologized to me for wetting the bed. Poor, sweet girl! Jan made us oatmeal with golden raisins-one of our favorite Jan meals! Jon fixed the sprinkler heads while the kids and I started packing everything up. Cade really wanted to be outside helping his dad, so he was a peel, but Wylie is a good little helper. We finished, but Jon was still working, so the kids played restaurant while we waited. There's only so many meals I can think of to order and so many times I can pretend to eat and drink before I get a little crazy. We said good-byes to Jan a little after 11:00. While we were backing out of her drive way Cade said very clearly, "Bye-By Grandma." That's the first time he has ever said Grandma!! We picked up some drive thru food for lunch and hit the road. Cade was back asleep shortly after eating and slept the rest of the drive. Wylie dozed off and on, but was good the whole time. Near La Junta, about 30 minute from the farm, Jon started telling me his brain was over heating. I thought he just meant he was hot. A while later he complained of his feet being cold, so I laughed at him about the driving getting to him. A while later he asked me if my brain was over hearting. I said no, but he asked me again a few minutes later. I started getting concerned and asked if he was OK. He said yes, but kept asking about brains over heating & weirding me out. Finally he said, "Don't you remember we read that's why we yawn, because our brains are over heating." Seriously, this whole time he was talking about yawning and I though he was going to need medical attention! I started having a laughing fit, tears were coming out of my eyes and I just couldn't stop!
We got to my Dad's house and the kids had him moving for the rest of the night. They were chasing cats, toads and bugs, checking on the cows, going on walks, you name it, they had him doing it! I made sour cream burritos and finally got everyone inside for dinner. Then Dad took the kids in to see his girlfriend, Janet. They played with her granddaughter and chased more toads. Jon and I enjoyed a quiet house for 1 1/2 hours! I text my Dad about an hour after they left to make sure everything was OK. He replied that he and Janet went out and left the kids with Alissa. I called just to make sure he was pulling my leg and didn't really leave my children with someone I don't know. His reply was, "Well, yeah, she's seven, so I figured it was OK." No he really didn't leave the kids, he just likes giving me grief!
The kids got home around 8:30 and went down fairly easy, but the house is a disaster!
Shout Out:
-Grandma Jan for all you do for us and the love you give us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment