Everything really has been good. It know it seems like I'm making everything sound sweet and nice, but it really has been for the most part. Sure there have been some skiffs and squabbles here and there, some differences in adult opinions/preferences/parenting choices, but nothing major and nothing to get upset about. We are truly loving our experiences and our entire trip.
Today we are on our own...just the 4 Rouths and Alli. We loaded up and headed down town. About 3 minutes into the trip Wylie decided to throw a class A temper tantrum because she didn't have her blanket. Not sure where this came from since she has traveled without it for years now, but today she decided that she really needed it and did not like me telling her to "suck it up." We pushed on and finally got her screaming and tears to stop just before parking. The plan was to go to the Insectarium and I was actually quite jazzed about it, but when we got there we learned it is closed on Mondays. So, we decided to try the nearby aquarium, only to find it was closed too. Never fear, we took a walk down the river and watched a tug boat push some cargo. All was going well until Wylie declared that this wasn't working for her and it is too hot here for her. I really could understand where she was coming from this time. There is no way I would be able to carry on a normal life in the South. I like a hot day here and there, but this hot, humid stuff every day just isn't for me.
After loading back up we decided to take the kids to Target. Wylie was a little disappointed that it wasn't a full mall, but she got over it when she saw that she got to ride in the two seater cart with Alli. Of course, then Cade couldn't ride in a regular cart, he too needed the 2 seater cart. It was probably a better plan all along for the kids. I think they had as much or more fun than they would have looking at bugs. We drove through Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers for lunch because we had seen it on Undercover Boss. After eating the kids asked for naps before we said anything, and man did they need it. They each slept over 2 1/2 hours. Jon went out to get the oil changed and was reminded once again that we should not solely rely on Garmin. She took him to a Honda Motorcycle dealer first and then to the other side of town, but only $32 and some gas the deed was done.
Jaimie and Jeremy decided that we would have a Boys Night, Girls Nigh and Couples Night so we could each get a couple well deserved nights out on the town without kids. Jeremy took Jon out to Drago's tonight for some grilled oysters and a seafood dinner. They then went to the French Quarter for Hand Grenades, which melted and turned to syrup before they could finish them much to their dismay. Jon came home swearing that the French Quarter is 10 miles long and 4 miles wide and that Jeremy made him walk all of it in the horrid heat. They admitted to talking about the kids most of the evening with some sports sprinkled in, which is what Jaimie and I had already called earlier while eating gumbo with the kids. We watched the kids play, dance to the Cinderella Dance DVD with magic wands (yes Cade took his shirt off and stuck his finger in his belly button), and devour popsicles. Wylie learned how to do dot-to-dots thanks to Aunt Jaimie. I put the kids to bed while Jaimie went out to get some pecan pie...today is Pecan Pie Day you know. Wylie had a very hard time tonight and didn't actually go to sleep until Jon and I did.
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Jeremy is playing tour guide and Jaimie and I are playing "We-Aren't-Mommies" and taking our Girls Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment