Today is my little man's 2nd birthday! I can't believe he is already 2...and I really can't believe we had him before Wylie was 2....what were we thinking!!! But, man I'm glad that we did have him. He drives me crazy every other minute, but those minutes in between make it all worth while. When he gives me a big squeeze around my neck or smiles so big that I see his dimple I melt. He is a little lover!
I seriously love vacation. I was woken up about 20 times before I really got up and all of it just made me smile. 1st it was Alli wanting her dress on, then Wylie wanted her dress on, then Cade came in to tell me he went, "pee pee," then Cade came in to tell me he went "pee pee" again, only this time it was poopy....I'm up! I picked my feet up enough to climb the stairs to the coffee and chocolate chip bread that was waiting for me. Cade got to watch his Trucks DVD that Aunt Nancy and Uncle David got for him. I've never seen the kid sit still long enough to even watch a 15 minute cartoon. But he sat on the sofa, propped up on a pillow with a blanket over him, sucking his finger just as happy as can be. He didn't make it all the way through, but it was considerably longer than anything else he's ever tried to watch. He was a big boy watching his Truck movie!
We all got around and headed back to the beach. Tar balls have made it here, but not many and they are only about the size of a quarter or smaller. They kinda look like dog poop. I thought they would be larger, darker and harder. I guess it was a lesson learned. Jon and Travis tried their hand at the waves again and got eaten up. The kids played in the lake run off and had a grand time. Cade and Maddie love playing together, which is really funny because neither of them talk much so they just take each other by the hand and lead the other around. It was really nice just to hang out and watch all of them. We came back for what else, lunch and nap! We had ice cream sandwiches for snack, the kids played and then I got to watch Spirit with 5 of the cutest little kids ever. The other adults put a picnic together and we went to Seaside for a picnic concert int he park. We killed some time by walking around, playing and eating pink cupcakes. The concerns was nice and there were lots of bubbles, lots of giggles, and lots of little legs running around. Keeping track of 5 little fish in a sea of people is a daunting task, but seeing their smiles & growing independence is awesome. Dinner was hot dogs, chips and beer. A step down from what we've been dining on, but good hot dogs are a good thing on summer vacation. Once we got home it was bed time for everyone.
Question:
-Why does Cade always have to take his shirt off and stick his finger in his belly button to dance?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment