It all started at 3:30 AM when I got hot and had a stuffy nose. I got so freaked out that I caused myself to start hyperventilating. I got out of bed, slowed down my breathing, opened a window and went to the computer to take my mind off of everything. I think it is just allergies, but man that was not a nice feeling. After blogging a bit and checking e-mail and Facebook, I tried to go back to sleep just in time for my sinuses to start draining. Forget it! I got up and talked to my Dad a little before he went to work then drank coffee and waited for the rest of the lazy bones to wake up so I could repack and get us to Denver. I am NEVER the first one up.....EVER....not even when I was younger living at home, in college, first starting teaching, or any time in between or since. I never understood the reasoning for getting out of bed early. By my calculations the earlier you put your feet on the floor the sooner you have to start working. No thank you! (As my darling Cade would say:-) I will have to admit though that there is a peacefulness of being in a quiet farm house with a morning chill coming in the window and hearing chirping from various birds and insects.
Jon an Wylie woke up around 6:00 and I think it weirded Wylie out to see me up already. She didn't talk for about 1/2 hour-NEVER HAPPENS! Once she did wake up she gave me a make-up application lesson. She showed me which brush to use in each powder, where and how to apply it on her face, how to close it all back up and then how to put on lip gloss. Thanks Pippi! Cade finally woke up, which allowed us to get packed and out of the house 2 hours earlier than expected-NEVER HAPPENS!
We drove up to Castle Rock to see my college friend, Kiffany, and her twins Max and Mia (sorry we didn't get to see Marc). We had some time to kill so we dined at Chipotle because you can never have too many rice and beans on a 6 week trip. Then we did a quick walk through of the Dollar Tree...Love that store! We got over to Kiff's around 12:00, which is really lunch and nap time for Max and Mia, but they are cute little troopers! They are little clones of their parents and so mild mannered it almost seems unfair :-) The kids played while we talked. It was really nice to see them. When Max and Mia went up for naps we headed on to Grandma Jan's. The kids slept only a very short time in the car and were in no frame of mind to take a nap when we got to Jan's house, so they were lots of fun this afternoon. Cade doesn't understand that some dogs don't want him in their face, so....he got bit on the nose :-) I don't mean to laugh, but seriously it's what he needs. No worries though, once we got the bleeding stopped he was right back at them! I think it was way more traumatic for Wylie. I had to take her down stairs and comfort her way longer than Cade needed comforting. Dinner was yummy Chinese food-Thanks, Jan!
Cade went down at 6:30 and Wylie by 7:10-NEVER HAPPENS! Jon, Jan and I were able to talk about the trip, see some of her amazing quilt work and enjoy some peace and quiet.
Shout Out:
-Max and Mia for being such good sports about 2 strangers coming in and playing with their toys and being so happy and good during lunch and nap time!
Cute Moment:
-Wylie crying because seeing blood on Cade scared her.
-Cade being concerned about Wylie's "ohwies" for the last 2 days.
They might like to fight with each other, but they don't really like to see the other one hurt :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment