Everyone slept well last night. Cade slept for 13 hours! Nothing too eventful this morning. The dogs still don't care much for Cade, but Wylie is OK since she will generally sit still. Wylie and Cade both had their usual 2 breakfasts. Cheerios with Jon and then Rock Ford cantaloupe and toast with the adults. We all got dressed and Jon and I took the kids to the Denver Zoo while Jan and the dogs enjoyed some peace and quiet. It was a really nice experience. It wasn't too hot this morning so many of the animal were active and the kids were great. Of course, we took the stroller for Cade but Miss Priss Wylie used it the majority of the time. Cade did enjoy pushing her though :-) I think the Denver Zoo is larger than the Portland Zoo because even I wanted a stroller by the end. Then again maybe I'm just way out of shape. After we were done looking at he animals we let each kid choose an item from the gift shop to use the money that Dee Dee gave them. Cade chose a decorative African egg that rattles and Wylie chose a cup with a twisty straw lid. We first had to drag her away from the make-up and polished rocks though. Seriously, how many polished rocks does one little girl need? I think she's obsessed. On our way back home I asked everyone what there favorite part of the zoo was:
Wylie-The monkey throwing up. (Gotta love a child's mind!)
Cade- Didn't vocalize anything that I could understand, but he was most interested in the construction for the Asian Tropics. Surprise, surprise, surprise.
Jon- The okapi. In his words they are giraffe face, donkey body, and zebra behind.
Lisa- The baby and mommy seal playing. I could have watched them for hours....but my family only allowed a couple minutes.
There was a lot of construction and traffic congestion on the way home so we took a detour through an historical district and saw a lot of big pretty houses. Cade started falling asleep, so we sang kid songs all the way home because I knew he couldn't resist doing the hand motions. Tricky, tricky, Mommy!! We got back and ate some left overs for lunch and then successfully put the kids and Jon down for nap.
Wylie and Cade spent the afternoon playing in the basement, Jon helped Jan with odds and ends, and I refereed. Dinner was grilled veggie sandwiches with Rocky Ford sweet corn. Then the kids took a bath. I put Cade down while the other 3 had strawberry shortcake for dessert. Wylie joined me when she was done eating and then I got my shortcake after she feel asleep. Another yummy day of food!
Jon learned of interesting happenings at his school. Luckily none of them have to do with him loosing his job. We talked to Jan a bit and then it was bed time for adults.
Shout Out:
-Jon for doing ALL of the driving our entire trip. He is gggrrreeaaaaatttt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment