Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 12-Birthday Party

Today's breakfast-egg & potato bake, biscuits & gravy, cantaloupe.  We got everyone ready for the beach and then Cade and I took some quite alone time to go shopping for his birthday party.  OK, so it wasn't so much quiet, but we were alone and that was probably a good thing.  He seems to have hit the terrible twos with full force!  He wants to be held, screams, changes his mind 20 times in 2 minutes, "No thank you!", "No, mama!", "Mine!"  He got happy once I took him to the toy aisle and he was able to pick out a ball and truck.  We came back to a completely quiet house.  I put Cade down for a nap and then wasn't quite sure what to do with myself.  I baked the Funfeti cupcakes, put up the few decorations that I bought and then blogged.  Slowly bodies started to trickle back into the house. We ate some shrimp bisque by Travis...YUM again!  The girls and all other adults went down for a nap just as Cade woke up, so we got some more alone time.  We blew bubbles, watched a little bit of a movie, went for a walk, splashed in the water, did lots of talking, and enjoyed our rare time together alone.  Everyone slowly woke up and we started Cade's birthday party with swimming.  There was lots of splashing, giggling, and "coffee making".  We came back in to do some cupcake decorating and pin the tail on the donkey.  The kids each got to decorate their own cupcake with icing, sprinkles, icing markers, and candy footballs.  I think most was consumed before the decorating stopped!  Pin the tail on the donkey was quite funny with 2 and 4 year olds who don't quite know what they are doing.  They all got the hang of it and took 2-3 turns each.  Dinner was pork shoulder, red beans and rice, and salad- YUM, YUM, YUM!  We opened presents and found that the trucks, balls, and Leap Frog were just as much of a hit with the girls as they were with Cade.  Jaimie and Jeremy left tonight, but we convinced Alli to stay with us.  She cried as they left, but her parents were soon forgotten with another cupcake!  Some more playing, story time, bath time and it was off to bed.  Alli did great and slept through the night.  

A rough day with Cade and a few squabbles, but in light of it all another successful day.

Funny sight:
-A dead armadillo on the side of the road.  I've never seen one in person but I did write a haiku about one in college :-)

Fun Times:
-Jumping in the waves.
-2 & 4 year olds figuring out pin the tail on the donkey.
-watching Cade's language improve daily.

Shout out:
-Jeremy and Jaimie for leaving Alli with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment