Cade had another rough night. The poor boy is having nightmares again. We had fruit and yogurt with toast for breakfast. Eating so many fruits and veggies the last few days has been refreshing. Once we were ready the 4 of us went shopping for the BBQ and Sara's shower. A great deal of it was done at the Dollar Tree and the rest of it at Wal-Mart. I really do enjoy finding a good bargain and generally I would say I really do not enjoy the clientele at Wal-Mart, but this trip was tolerable. Poor Jon got stuck with Cade since Wylie wanted to help me with Pippi's shower. Cade just does not enjoy shopping and vocalizes it by screaming. All this while Jon had a bad headache.
We got back for lunch. Wylie complained of not wanting to eat and just wanting to go to sleep. Jon laid down with both kids & I went out to run the last few errands. When I returned the dogs barked and woke Wylie up. She cam upstairs and had to "cough." Apparently "cough" means throw up because she threw up all over the sofa. We got her into the kitchen and she kept throwing up in the trash can. Jon cleaned the sofa & I tried to get her to sleep again, but no dice. She then had diarrhea and proclaimed that now everything came out and she felt better.
I got the last minute things ready for the BBQ then we hung out until it was time to go to the park. Jan reserved our spot a few months ago and it's perfect for us right now. It's right by the playground and with as many little kids as we all have, that's perfect. We had a great time and enjoyed getting together with those who could make it. We had WAY too much food, which is my MO thanks to my mom. The kids played themselves silly and the adults got to talk, laugh and relax a bit. Cade found a large lady buy on a spring pole that he could rock back and forth in. He spent most of his time there when he wasn't trying to do everything the big kids were doing. Wylie loved hanging out with "the big girl Bella."
We got home around 9:30 and put the kids to bed. Somewhere shortly after midnight, Wylie woke me up to say she pottied in her panties. She NEVER does this. I think she really is getting sick. I got her cleaned up, got Cade in a safe spot, then spent the rest of the night comforting both of them for one reason or another....Calgon take me away!!!
Shout Outs:
-The Baker, Shaw and Ambroso families for joining us at the park for burgers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment