The kids were horrid last night! Wylie woke up when Cade steam rolled her and pushed her off of the Aerobed at about 2:00 AM. From then on she stayed awake asking for hugs, me to sleep with her, want wanting to watch cartoons. Jon finally got her up when he got her up around 5:30. I woke up to a quiche breakfast! I just can't get enough of this pampering. I feel like a real Prima Donna! We all slowly got around after the kids played in the down pour with Uncle Jeremy and we started the clean up process a little. Then we headed to Magazine Street. We rode the street car just like Princess Tiana in The Princess and The Frog. The kids LOVED it! The girls thought they were princesses and Cade liked being on a train and sticking his hands and head out of the widow, which scared me half to death because the trees and posts were so close to the streetcar. I just new I would be making a trip to the emergency room before the ride was over. Jon and Jeremy followed us in the car so we could be picked up when the kids got restless and Wylie and Cade spotted them way before anyone else 2 different times. It went off track 2 times and the driver obviously did not like her job at all. She only said something to bark at a rider ( I was one of them because I over paid). We got off on the second break down because it took quite a while and Jon and Jeremy were close by. We then drove down Magazine Street, which is the English version of the French Quarter. It was a bit like Hawthorn Street in Portland, but most stores were closed because it was Sunday, so we just drove. Our plan was to have lunch at Surrey's (Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives), but it was so hoppin that we figured it wouldn't be a great place for the kids. Instead we ate at an award winning bakery. The downside was they only had quiche and danishes when we got there. The upside was it was way good! The next stop was Creole Creamery for some crazy flavored ice cream. Bosc Pear with Balsamic Caramel Sauce, Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake, Chocolate Peanut butter, Oatmeal Cookie with Molasses, mint, strawberry & cookies and cream were the flavors of choice. The kids had their scoops made into clown faces and, yep, Cade ate it all! They were all really good. Jon wasn't super psyched about his choice, but he managed to eat it all still :-) Back home for naps, but none for Cade=none for me....dang kid!
Instead of napping, I did laundry and started packing what I could. Jaimie and Jeremy pushed out out of the house for one last dinner in peace and quite. It was very nice of them, but I think they are crazy for wanting to take on all of the kids again. Jeremy made us reservations at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. Copeland was the founder of Popeye's and he just recently died. We saw his mausoleumum at the cemetery on Tuesday. We ate more good food-crawfish & crab bake for appetizer, shrimp and girts for me, jambalaya pasta for Jon. We finished off our evening with cheesecake of course. Killed by Chocolate for Jon and a Black & White for me-YUMMMM! We decided to take cheesecake and our left overs home for Jaimie and Jeremy. It's the least we could do. We walked in to see Cade and Jeremy playing with a remote control car. Fun times for Cade. He was all smiles. The good part of him not taking a nap is that he went down way easy! Wylie was a bit of a challenge and indecisive if she wanted to sleep by herself or with us. She finally decided on her own and did well all night. Jaimie, Jeremy, Jon and I all talked a bit and then it was bed time for all.
Shout Out:
-Clodfelter Family for a fabulous time in the Big Easy! You guys are great!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment