Jeremy is tour guide today. We started out with beignets (spelling?) and chicory coffee at Cafe du Monde. Then we headed on to the French Quarter in an attempt to beat the heat. It didn't quite work. It started out with a nice breeze, but by the end everyone was melting emotionally and physically. We took the stroller for Cade, but it was mostly used by Wylie. As Jaimie said, "When in New Orleans, do as a Southern Belle." We got our picture at the same Bourbon Street sign as the rest of my family has and took a few more pics before heading back to the car. The French Quarter is very eclectic and funky-just as I expected and just the way I like. I was a little taken aback at the live sex acts pictures with nothing blurred out....leave a little for the imagination is what my Mom always said, but apparently they don't feel the same way!!! We stopped at a little grocer to get some muffalattas (spelling?) on the way back to the car and then back home for lunch and nap. We did make a quick tour of a cemetery along the way. We are the clan of Gail and Gary after all :-)
After nap Jaimie and I got ready for our night out in The Big Easy! We went back to the French Quarter and walked around while I "sipped" a hand grenade. I certainly didn't let mine turn to syrup like the boys did. We saw a pregnant stripper, a tie-dye-cape-wearing-guitar-playing wizard, an apron with rubber breasts that have obviously been handled a lot, and many other interesting sights. I'm glad we took the kids in the AM when there wasn't a lot of action. I'm afraid I would be having to answer many questions that I'm not ready for Wylie to ask.
We then went to NOLA, Emerill's restaurant for starter chefs. I will be their guinea pig any time. We ate off of the Spanish Cuisine Tour menu and shared arugula & chick pea salad, ham/spinach/potato and cheese "tortilla", swordfish with potatoes, seafood paella & almond torte with chocolate ice cream and chocolate pop rocks (they didn't really pop...sadness). It was all delicious and the best part was our water glasses got refilled about 10 times and they even replaced the whole glass with desert. After dinner Jaimie took me on a tour of the medical district where she works. We got back home to the same story as last night. The kids were all sleeping except for Wylie. She did take a big step and slept on the Aerobed with Cade, so Jon and I got to sleep in the same bed without kids between us for the first time this whole trip!
Shout out:
-Jon and Jeremy for giving all 4 kids baths while we were out on the town.
Questions:
-How do women wear full make up here?
-How do men wear long sleeves & pants?
-How did/do people live without AC?
Quote to live by:
-Get up & dance, get up & smile, get up and drink to the days that are gone in the shortest while." -Simon Fowler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment