I woke up to giggles outside of the bedroom window. I cam out to find Jon lounging peacefully on the couch watching the Tour de France. The kids were outside making chalk drawings with Aunt Pippi. Them cam in as I was getting my cup of liquid wake-up and Wylie quickly told me all about her morning with Pippi. She already had a new pink purse filled with many "treasurers." Cade had treasurers of his own, but they were strung around the house. Sara asked what we wanted for breakfast and Wylie said vanilla pancakes. Ask and you shall receive at Aunt Pippi's house. After some more treasurer collecting we all got dressed and went to the Children's Museum. It's no as cool as the one in Portland, but the kids couldn't tell. They had lots of fun and we got free pizza, so all is well. I was a bit disturbed by a little girl of 8 or 9 who didn't know who Barack Obama was. Wylie even knows that he's the President! Oh well, get over it, Lisa. I'm not sure why I'm so surprised, but I am and it made me a bit sad. On the way there we got a driving tour of The University of Tulsa Campus and Sara pointed out where she use to work. On the way back we drove by an Extreme Makeover Home Edition house. It looks like the people are moving out of it.....huuuummmmm. We went home for nap, but there's not rest for the wicked-Cade! Instead I watched the Tour de France and Cade played with a mostly deflated graduation balloon...Good Times!
After everyone got up Wylie, Cade and Pippi went to the front step to greet Warren home from work. We decided to take a driving tour of the rest of Tulsa and then get some dinner. Cade was asleep in about 15 minutes-of course! We saw the Phillbrook Museum, which was mansion for the Phillips Oil founder it was a "hooge, hooge, hooge" (I realized a day or so ago that I have been misquoting Wylie's "huge") mansion on 23 acres. We also saw the middle point of North America. Jon stood at it, but I just looked from the back seat of the Pilot. Legend has it that your voice echos there because of the pulling forces of the poles. Jon admits it echos, but doesn't buy the myth. Our stance is that it's not the middle point of the entire world, just the North American Continent....not the same thing, people. From there went got to see Route 66, Cheery Street and some other very nice buildings and houses with cool architecture. I will have to say that Tulsa is much cooler and trendier than I give it credit for. We made a stop at Quick Trip. It's a convenient store that has been spoken of in legends. It's nice and large and has the most ample supply of mean on rollers that I have ever scene. I got Wylie and Strawberry Banana smoothie that she raved about for the rest of the trip. It's nice to be able to make 3 year olds so happy so easily. Our tour ended across the street from the University at Taco Bueno. It was bueno. Much better than Taco Bell. Sara and Warren are a little embarrassed that our dining went from plump shrimp and lobster to tomato soup & Taco Bueno, but it's what we wanted :-)
We came home & Warren threw the kids around awhile while I blogged and Pippi made treats for movie time. I tried to just give Wylie a bath, but Cade looked at me sadly and said, "Me too" while hitting his chest. I often forget that he truly understands what is going on. He's suppose to be my little baby, not such a big boy. After a quick bath the kids went out to eat their pudding and drink juice then they settled down on a bed of pillows made by Warren to watch The Princess and the Frog. The watched about 1/2 before Cade went down. A little more and Wylie joined us. By the time I came out of the bedroom Sara and Warren were in bed. I think my kids wore them out! Good night, Tulsa!
Shout Out:
-Warren and Sara for filling all of our culinary desires and showing us such a fun time in only 1 1/2 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment