Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 33- Getting in the Grove

*First I want to apologize to by diligent followers for the lag in blogging.  I got sick, but am better now and will get you all caught up :-)

I decided to be nice to Jon and get up with Wylie at 5:30.  I got her Cheerios and milk, turned on the news and fell asleep on the couch.  Mother of the Year!  I did wake-up a few times when she was giving me news and weather updates.  She actually enjoys watching the news and takes an interest in most of the stories.  Today's highlight:  1.  It's going to be hot, but not rain and 2.  They are picking corn in Colorado (maybe we can tell Granddad and he will let us pick some corn).  Jon, Cade and Dad woke up at 6:30, so I went back to bed :-)  The kids kept Granddad busy this morning.  He says Cade is hired, but Wylie is fired.  She's a bit too girlie to be a good farm girl (kinda like her mom), but Cade is all over it.  

I started working around the house while Jon and Dad started working on the hole in the ceiling of Jaimie's room.  The kids were wonderful and just played in the living room while we work.  I fed them an early lunch and they went down easily for an early nap thanks to "working" so hard this morning.  Wylie went to sleep by herself with the promise that she could help with craft projects after nap.  I did some work for the shower, cleaned some more and vacuumed a second time since Jon and Dad tracked insulation all over after I vacuumed the first time.  

Once the kids got up we went to town to run some errands and see Grandma and Grandpa.  Then it was to La Junta to get groceries.  I'm really glad I don't have to drive 30 minutes to do this anymore.  While we were in town we saw Wayne, a teaching friend from Las Animas.  That was nice, we do miss a lot of people from here.  We got home  i n time for dinner and bath.  I sent Cade out to Granddad while I put Wylie's medicine on.  He was sitting with him calmly in the recliner happy as a clam.  He also says, "cow" clearly now while dragging Granddad outside :-)

Word of the day:
Vacuum

No comments:

Post a Comment