I woke up feeling better and hopeful. We got the kids ready and went to La Junta with Pippi. We dropped some stuff off at Aunt Karen's for the shower, then we went to Wal-Mart for a food run. It was nice to have Pippi there to walk around with Cade, but he silly girl swiped her card and paid for her own shower food while I was unloading the cart. Silly girl, she thinks this is over, but it's not because you just don't pay for your own shower!
We got home in time for lunch and nap. My fever is back and I'm feeling as crappy as yesterday. I slept until 3:00 then got up and let Jon take a well deserved rest. It's really nice to be around a family who all will take care of my kids.
Everyone else went into Grandma and Grandpa's for a family dinner, but I stayed home. I don't think I need to be around a bunch of little kids and elderly people who have their own sicknesses to deal with. I watched the sunflowers sway in the wind and watched the news and some other bad TV. After about an hour, I got up and did some cooking for the shower. I felt a little OCD because I was washing my hands every few minutes. I would get tired out after about 30 minutes, so I would head back to he couch for more bad TV and sunflower viewing, then get back at it again. Jon and the kids got home and announced an overall successful trip. Cade got into something the smelled like vomit, but other than that they were good. Wylie and Cade said that they had lots of fun playing with their cousins and proudly showed me their gifts from Grandma and Grandpa. Wylie got an activity book and Cade got a stuffed giraffe. Jon gave the kids baths and then put them to bed. I stayed up to talk to Jaimie and Jeremy when they got home and then called it a night because it's going to be early rising for the shower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment