I woke up to Cade being the pits and it didn't get much better through the day. Getting use to hard working farm life is tough. Cade went out to help Granddad fix the four wheeler, Jon got up on the roof to fix the holes and I continues to clean the house & do shower stuff. I finally brought Cade back in when I looked out the window & saw that Jon and dad had put him in the pick-up like it was a play pen. I would have been fine with that if the window wasn't down and he didn't have one leg dangling outside while reaching to the bed with his arm to climb out! This is when the real fun began. Trying to clean while Cade is pissy for being inside & Wylie is trying to smoother...I mean mother him=CHAOS! At 10:00 he stared asking to go to sleep. I held lunch off until 10:45, then put them both down by 11:45 and they slept until 2:30. Jon called it quites on the roof when it started burning his butt...seriously, it got burned. Dad finished fixing the 4 wheeler, much to Cade's delight after he woke up.
My cousin, Jeremy, and his family came over for burgers & hot dogs, which I don't think I"m eating again for a year! We had a nice time visiting with Jeremy and Erika while the kids played with Danika and Braxton. The girls sat outside in Princess chairs while the boys put dirt all over the porch steps. I later learned that Cade learned this trick from Granddad because he was doing it to get the oil off of the steps when he was fixing the 4 wheeler. Monkey see, monkey do :-) All 4 kids took the lawns mower for a walk. I'm not sure what that was all about, but it kept them busy and happy for about 20 minutes. They also chased bugs and toads all over the lawn. Wylie even got in on the action, she just might be OK after all. Granddad tried to give the girls a ride on the 4 wheeler, but Cade threw a fit until we put him on. The girls were in front, so we put Cade on back and told him he had to hold on tight. The little guy wrapped his arms around Ganddad as far as he could and held on so tight they were shaking! When they came back Braxton wanted on, so I put him next to Cade and walked next to them for the last 50 feet. Oh the fun you can have on the farm!
As we came back in we realized that none of us called or text Jaimie for her birthday. I'm a horrible sister. I thought of it all day yesterday, but it didn't even dawn on me today. I guess that's what happens when you live Groundhogs Day, but it's no excuse. I had to give Cade another bath-DIRTY BOY!!! Then we attempted to put kids to bed. Cade didn't got to sleep until 9:00! Dad says he was too wired thinking about everything he needs to do tomorrow.
Word of the day:
Laundry
Shout Out:
-Happy 30th, Jaimie!!!
-Danika and Braxton for playing so nicely with Wylie and Cade!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment