Saturday, November 13, 2010

Summer is Over

Well the end has finally came and went.  I had good intentions of completing the blog up until school started, but life has a way of getting away from me.  So, here it is, the middle of November, and I am just now finishing up my one summer task.

We went to Oroville, CA for my Uncle Charlie's 100th birthday a week after we got home from our long journey.  The nice thing was the kids were still in travel mode and this was a short day for us :-)  We stayed at a hotel with Aunt Nancy, Uncle David, Ginny, Maddie, and Todd.  They flew into CA a week earlier and spent some time in Fresno with Todd and visited with old friends.  Wylie and Cade loved being able to play with their cousins for a few more days.  Uncle Charlie's birthday party was a success.  He had lots of loved ones around him and he was center of attention, just the way he likes it!  I was able to see aunts and uncles that I haven't seen for awhile and there were a lot more kids for our crew to play with.  The highlight of the party for my Uncle Richard, Uncle Charlies 95-year-old "little/younger" brother, was watching the kids have a total blast playing with fallen balloons.  The highlight for Jon and I was watching my 100-year-old Uncle Charlie drive away tooting the horn and waving as his girlfriend sat next to him and his son-in-law sat in the back seat.

We arrived back Sunday night and picked up our new international students Monday.  Eric (Nicaragua) and Anderlin (Dominican Republic) will be living with us until the end of the school year.  Anderlin came here speaking some English and Eric spoke no English.  Now they are able to have in depth conversations and are quickly becoming Americanized.  I'm convinced that at least Anderlin, if not both he and Eric, are addicted to Facebook, they love all food that I cook, and they are great big brothers to Wylie and Cade.  What more can you ask for from two teenage/college boys!

We ended our summer fun with confirmation that we will be welcoming the 3rd Baby Routh into our crazy world in April!  When your life is already crazy another little bundle of craziness is just what you need, right??!!!

A perfect ending to a perfect summer....now let's hope the rest of the school year is as good.
Thanks to all of my followers for your loyal reading, but no, I'm not doing a blog for my pregnancy or anything else for a while :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment